Poldauer violin shoulder rest - size L
The L Poldauer, extra large for more security when playing
- The L shoulder rest is ideal for the violinist who is used to the traditional type shoulder rest and who feels he needs a bit more support between violin and shoulder, either because of a long neck or because he/she likes holding the violin firmly but would still like to try out the newly won flexibility and freedom. It addresses the doubts of the critic and he/she will find it works perfectly.
- It gives the player who has so far played with the traditional rest a good feeling all round, and by its size and height the violin can be easily secured by the neck in all positions.
- With the L rest the player can slowly get used to the new positioning of the violin and can also continue to play "the old way" feeling secure and supported, at the same time being able to use optionality to place the rest on the violin and the flexibility where to hold it.
- The violin is free and flexible, it can be held lightly in the first positions, but can also be fixed, at any time effortlessly with the neck, if necessary.
- The Poldauer L rest nestles itself into the mould between the Collar bone and the shoulder and is a perfect fit.
- The shoulder rest normally attaches itself securely on any position of the instrument with the rubber suction cup. The rubber and velvet layer on the rest are soft so that the instrument is never exposed to a hard edge as is the case for many other shoulder rest models. The sound is less interfered with than with any conventional shoulder rest - and - the Poldauer never falls off the instrument!
- Occasionally the instruments' surfaces can be uneven due to very old varnish. For such cases we provide a special ultra-thin foil which can be laid on the instrument to create an optimally smooth surface for attaching the Poldauer shoulder rest. At the same time the player knows where to place his shoulder rest. The foil can be easily removed without any damage to the instrument (no glue is involved) but can only be applied once.
The starter kit comes with an adhesive foil.
Further foils can be bought at a later stage, if necessary.
- A tutorial on how to place the foil you can find here:
The Starterkit consists of:
- the Poldauer shoulder rest
- the adhesive foil (2 in one set)
- an attractive zipper bag to keep it in
Dimensions without suction cup
· Height: 2,3 cm
· Diameter: 8,4 cm
· Weight: ca. 25g
A HOW TO USE TUTORIAL -
THE INVENTOR HERSELF EXPLAINS THE USAGE OF THE POLDAUER SHOULDER REST AND ITS ADVANTAGES COMPARED TO THE TRADITIONAL SHOULDER RESTS
SEE THE PRODUCT FROM ALL SIDES
Technical Description - state of the art 3D printing technology
The Poldauer shoulder rests were manufactured using state of the art 3D printing technology. The polymer based material is hard but flexible with good tensile properties and is resistant to dirt and grease. You can find more information about the material, PA12, here: http://hp.com/go/3DMaterials
The colouring is just as resistant as the synthetic material itself.
The surface is expertly covered with a fine layer of black velvet, the suction cup is already built into the product.