1. Can I return the Poldauer rest, if it is not right for me?
Yes. We know that a new shoulder rest that works differently requires a certain change in posture. It takes a little time and patience, but it is definitely worth the effort. We recommend that you initially switch between your previous shoulder rest and the new one.
2. How can I send it back?
Send us an email (to: email@example.com) and we can arrange for DHL to send you a return slip by email if you live in Germany.
3. Do I get my money back then?
Of course. You will get the full amount back when the Poldauer rest has been returned to us in good condition. We do not reimburse shipping costs.
4. How long can I send the Poldauer rest back for?
We give you 30 days to try it out. You cannot send them back any later than 30 days after receipt.
5. I would like to try the Poldauer rest, but unfortunately I do not live in Munich. Can I try it somewhere else?
Hopefully that will be possible soon. Find out more on our website. For this reason, we grant you 30 days to try it out.
6. I live outside of Europe or in Switzerland and would like to order the Poldauer. Is that possible?
At the moment we cannot process a purchase outside the EU countries via the webshop. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with you.
7. Can I also swap if I think a smaller or larger variant would be right for me?
A swap is no problem at all. We deal with this in an uncomplicated manner (with return slip, see above). You pay the shipping costs twice (we as Poldauer GmbH pay 3x or possibly 4x). In this case, please write to us at: email@example.com
8. Do I have to send the foil back?
If you haven't used it, please.
9. Can you use or move a foil multiple times?
Normally you always leave the foil on the back of your violin. This also helps you to orientate yourself where place the shoulder rest ideally. You only remove it if you want to change the position or for some other reason. If you take it off carefully in a dust free environment, you can apply the foil again. Otherwise, you can exclusively buy new ones from us if you have used the supplied ones up. This video describes how to place the foil on the violin. Please note the product data sheet for the foil.
10. Can you always play without a foil if sticks to the violin anyway?
You can do that. If the varnish of the violin is smooth and stable, this is not a problem and actually recommended.
11. Should I take off the Poldauer rest every time I put the violin back in the case?
That is up to the user. Experience has shown that the Poldauer rest will eventually come off if you place the violin on a smooth surface or in your violin case though it sticks to the violin as long as it is played with.