Poldauer violin kids shoulder rest - size XS
The XS Shoulder Rest Poldauer - for those who play "without"
- The XS shoulder rest is ideal for children since they really take to it naturally. For adult players who currently play only with a thin pad or cloth or no support at all it can also be just right.
- Baroque violinists will especially appreciate this model.
- The XS shoulder rest is ideal for children with instruments of all sizes, 1/8 to 3/4 and even 4/4, because the shoulder rest is slightly lower and more adaptable to younger players with shorter necks.
- The shoulder rest normally attaches itself securely on any position of the instrument with the rubber suction cup. The rubber and velvet layer on the rest are soft so that the instrument is never exposed to a hard edge as is the case for many other shoulder rest models. The sound is less interfered with than with any conventional shoulder rest - and - the Poldauer never falls off the instrument!
- Occasionally the instruments' surfaces can be uneven due to very old varnish. For such cases we provide a special ultra-thin transparent foil which can be laid on the instrument to create an optimally smooth surface for attaching the Poldauer shoulder rest. At the same time the player knows where to place his shoulder rest. The foil can be easily removed without any damage to the instrument (no glue is involved) but can only be applied once.
The starter kit comes with two adhesive foils.
Further foils can be bought at a later stage, if necessary.
Dimensions without suction cup:
Height: 1,5 cm
Diameter: 5,8 cm
Weight: ca. 15g
The Starterkit consists of:
- the Poldauer shoulder rest
- the adhesive foil
- an attractive zipper bag to keep it in
A HOW TO USE TUTORIAL -
THE INVENTOR HERSELF EXPLAINS THE USAGE OF THE POLDAUER SHOULDER REST AND ITS ADVANTAGES COMPARED TO THE TRADITIONAL SHOULDER RESTS
SEE HERE HOW TO PLACE THE FOIL ON THE VIOLIN
SEE THE PRODUCT FROM ALL SIDES
Technical Description - State of the Art 3D Printing Technology
The Poldauer shoulder rests were manufactured using state of the art 3D printing technology. The polymer based material is hard but flexible with good tensile properties and is resistant to dirt and grease. You can find more information about the material, PA12, here: http://hp.com/go/3DMaterials
The colouring is just as resistant as the synthetic material itself.
The surface is expertly covered with a fine layer of black velvet, the suction cup is already built into the product.