Poldauer violin shoulder rest - size M
The M shoulder rest - perfect for first time users who currently use the traditional rest.
- The M-shoulder rest is the perfect shoulder rest for the dedicated violinist who wants to move away from using a traditional shoulder rest and does not have a particularly long neck. The player feels secure and supported in the right way.
- The violin is freer and more flexible, can be held lightly in the first position, but can also be fixed, at any time effortlessly with the neck, as the player will be accustomed to.
- The violin can be held closer to the middle, pointing to the front instead of sideways and the violin technique all of a sudden becomes a lot more effortless. For playing on lower strings the violin can be slightly turned towards the player.
- In higher positions the violin is more easily playable as with the traditional shoulder rest. The Poldauer M rest nestles itself into the mould between Collar bone and shoulder and is a perfect fit.
- The shoulder rest normally attaches itself securely on any position of the instrument with the rubber suction cup. The rubber and velvet layer on the rest are soft so that the instrument is never exposed to a hard edge as is the case for many other shoulder rest models. The sound is less interfered with than with any conventional shoulder rest - and - the Poldauer never falls off the instrument!
- Occasionally the instruments' surfaces can be uneven due to very old varnish. For such cases we provide a special ultra-thin foil which can be laid on the instrument to create an optimally smooth surface for attaching the Poldauer shoulder rest. At the same time the player knows where to place his shoulder rest. The foil can be easily removed without any damage to the instrument (no glue is involved) but can only be applied once.
- The starter kit comes with two adhesive foils.
Further foils can be bought at a later stage, if necessary.
The Starterkit consists of:
- the Poldauer shoulder rest
- the adhesive foil (2 in one set)
- an attractive zipper bag to keep it in
Dimensions without suction cup
· Height: 2,15 cm
· Diameter: 7,9 cm
· Weight: ca. 25g
A HOW TO USE TUTORIAL -
THE INVENTOR HERSELF EXPLAINS THE USAGE OF THE POLDAUER SHOULDER REST AND ITS ADVANTAGES COMPARED TO THE TRADITIONAL SHOULDER RESTS
SEE HERE HOW TO PLACE THE FOIL ON THE VIOLIN
SEE THE PRODUCT FROM ALL SIDES
Technical Description - State of the Art 3D Printing Technology
The Poldauer shoulder rests were manufactured using state of the art 3D printing technology. The polymer based material is hard but flexible with good tensile properties and is resistant to dirt and grease. You can find more information about the material, PA12, here: http://hp.com/go/3DMaterials
The colouring is just as resistant as the synthetic material itself.
The surface is expertly covered with a fine layer of black velvet, the suction cup is already built into the product.